Twitter is ablaze as Hlaudi holds a press conference

SABC has been in hot water for a while now but in a confusing turn of events, the former CEO Hlaudi Motsoeneng has held his own press conference close to the SABC headquarters. He told journalists that despite facing a disciplinary hearing and his title being stripped, he still has the urge to fight.

At the beginning of April, City Press obtained a memo detailing the financial crisis of the public broadcaster which read: “We have only R104m available to pay creditors on March 31, requests for payment from the divisions are more than what is available.”

Motsoeneng struggled to give journalists a straight answer about whether royalties to local content producers had been paid.  He, instead went on to talk about his disciplinary hearing being the beginning for him and not the end.

He also said he has helped a lot of people while he was at the SABC and that other broadcasters want him.  It was not long before Twitter reacted to his bizarre three hour long press conference. Here’s what people had to say:

 

  AUTHOR
Caxton Central

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Next Story x
PREVIEW: ArcelorMittal feels the effects of recession

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Estcourt News
Ladysmith Gazette
Newcastle Advertiser
Northern Natal Courier
Vryheid Herald


Your details:


Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)
Other